Here is a link that shows you how to reformat an SD card (or MicroSD card) on your Mac. The steps are also written out below.
- How To Format An Sd Card Reader For A Mac Terminal
- How To Format An Sd Card Reader For A Mac Computer
- How To Format An Sd Card
How To Format An Sd Card Reader For A Mac Terminal
- Connect the SD card to your computer by using an external card reader. Save all the files from your SD card that you want to keep to your computer before moving to step 2. Formatting the SD card deletes all the data off of the card.
- Note — If you’re using a Micro SD card, please insert the Micro SD card into the SD card adapter that came with card. Connect the SD card adapter to your computer by using an external card reader.
- Also note — Mac OS 10.6.5 or earlier does not support exFAT format, which most 64 GB SD cards are formatted to. This means that you won’t be able to format or use exFAT card on your computer. In this case, we’d recommend either upgrading your OS to 10.6.6 or later, or using an SD card that’s already formatted to MS-DOS (FAT) or FAT32 to complete the below steps.
- Open Disk Utility. To do this, click on the magnifying glass in the top-right corner of your computer screen. Type “disk utility” in the search box that opens, then click on the “Disk Utility” Application that comes up.
- Find the SD card in the left side of the window. It’ll be named something like NO NAME or UNTITLED.
- Click the ERASE tab in the middle of the window.
- Next, click on the Format dropdown menu. Select MS-DOS (FAT) if the card is 32 GB or smaller. If it’s a 64GB card, please select ExFAT.
- A message will appear asking, “Are you sure you want to erase the partition “[YOUR SD CARD NAME]?” Click Erase. The computer will delete the contents of your SD card and format it. You’re all done.
- 1 Format a Picture Card to a Cellphone
- 2 Reset Your Memory Card for a PC
- 3 Erase a Thumb Drive on a PC
- 4 Format a USB Memory Stick Storage Device
Open “Disk Utility” on your Mac with the SD card inserted. Select the disk (not the underlying volume), mine is called “8,07 APPLE SD Card Reader Media”. Go to the second tab “Erase”. How to Download to an SD Card on PC or Mac. In this Article: Downloading from the Web (Windows and macOS) Copying Files to the SD Card (Windows) Community Q&A This wikiHow teaches you how to download files from a web browser directly to an SD card in Windows and macOS.
An SD card is a valuable storage device that you can use in your small business to transfer files between computers and even store sensitive information. If your SD card becomes unreadable, its file system is probably damaged and you need to format the card before you can use it again. An unreadable SD card is not broken as long as Windows 7 detects and connects to it. Even if you can’t read its contents, you can still format it and make it readable again. Formatting the SD card will erase all data on it.
Connect the SD card reader to your computer by plugging the USB cable into a free USB port.
Insert the SD card into the SD card reader. Windows detects it as an external storage device and assigns a new drive to it.
Click the ‘Start’ icon in the bottom left corner of your screen and select ‘Computer’ from the Start menu to open the native Windows 7 file manager.
Locate and right-click the drive assigned by Windows to your SD card. You will not be able to view the contents of this drive if the SD card is unreadable, so don’t try to open it.
Select ‘Format’ from the drop-down menu to open the Format SD Card menu.
Remove the check mark from the Quick Format option near the bottom to ensure the card is thoroughly formatted.
So no matter what, if you’re using the Kindle app for pc, or the Kindle app for Mac, or even the Kindle app for Android and smartphones, you have your access to the huge library of millions of Kindle Ebooks available right at your fingertip — in a cheaper, faster, lighter, and environmentally friendlier way. Installing and setting up Kindle for PC is a snap if you already own a Kindle or have an Amazon.com account: just enter your ID and password, and Kindle for PC opens with your account in place. Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle apps for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. Read anytime, anywhere on your phone, tablet, or computer. Go beyond paper with immersive, built-in. https://evertrain.medium.com/kindle-reader-app-for-mac-laptop-22f98fe63a67. Jan 07, 2011 Kindle for Mac 1.5 adds support for German, and other new features from Kindle for Mac 1.4: page numbers, popular highlights, and dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia lookup.
How To Format An Sd Card Reader For A Mac Computer
Wait until you see a confirmation message and attempt to open the SD card drive. You should now be able to transfer files to your card.
About the Author
Kirk Bennet started writing for websites and online publications in 2005. He covers topics in nutrition, health, gardening, home improvement and information technology.
- David Paul Morris/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Cite this Article Choose Citation Style
Bennet, Kirk. ‘How to Format an Unreadable SD Card.’ Small Business — Chron.com, http://smallbusiness.chron.com/format-unreadable-sd-card-44405.html. Accessed 07 September 2019.
Bennet, Kirk. (n.d.). How to Format an Unreadable SD Card. Small Business — Chron.com. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/format-unreadable-sd-card-44405.html
How To Format An Sd Card
Bennet, Kirk. ‘How to Format an Unreadable SD Card’ accessed September 07, 2019. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/format-unreadable-sd-card-44405.html
Note: Depending on which text editor you’re pasting into, you might have to add the italics to the site name.